Denmark is one of the happiest country’s in the world and there are many factors for this. Among them is the priority Danes place on gender equality and health care which for its citizens is deemed a human right. Yet there’s another reason and it’s called Hygge. Pronounced hue-gah. Hygge is a danish word that best translates as cosiness and comfort. It’s about indulging in the simple moments in life. Here are five images that best sum up how to bring Hygge into your life.
1. Delicious smelling candles
2. Fresh flowers like peonies
3. Making a meal for your friends
4. Sleeping in heavenly peace
5. Creating a nook – a cozy place to read a good book